Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

8.07.2008

TOO grown TOO soon

Lorelli is growing up waaaaay too fast. Today proved just that. Normally, bedtime is not a problem. Tonight was no exception. But tonight went waaaaay smoother (more smooth) than I expected. She had not taken a nap all day so I wanted to get her in bed early. When I gave her the dinner that she asked for, pizza of course, she ate one tiny slice and then propped her head in her hands as if she were a high school student sitting in history class. So I told her that she needed to go upstairs and get herself a pamper (which she has not worn in over a month, but she has peepeed in the bed the last two nights), some jammies, and her night night spray (the lavender baby cologne from Johnson&Johnson). Well, she failed to get jammies and decided she wanted to sleep in her naked. Whatever. I don't think its something worth fighting over when she's that tired. Then I told her she needed to go upstairs, get in bed, under the covers, and go to sleep. Twenty minutes later I went to check on her, expecting to find her sitting in the bed playing with her babies. To my shock, she was laying in the bed, sucking her fingers, under the covers, FAST ASLEEP!!!! Can you believe it? She was so tired she didn't even ask me to come up and put her to bed. Normally, I have to go upstairs with her and put her in the bed, hug and kiss her, tell her don't let the bed bugs bite, pull the door shut, and THEN she goes to sleep. Nope. Not tonight. My little baby is growing up. I guess I had to see it coming. Naptimes have become as simple as tonights bedtime was. I just tell her to go upstairs and take a nap and she does it. I didn't expect bedtimes to be so easy, so soon. It is sad. And it is awesome. It is both. I just had to share it with you guys.

1 comment:

Worm's Woman said...

:( so big so soon!!! she is supose to be a baby every time you come see me!