Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

11.19.2008

YUMMY MINI SNACKS!!!

Ok - I have to tell you what I did this weekend. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING PRODUCTIVE. But what I DID do was fascinating to me. I was basically at the computer all weekend and found all kinds of awesome food blogs that you have to check out. I don't know how many of you enjoy cooking like I do, but these all have tons of fun recipes for everyone. I have attached a lot of the good ones to my links on the side. But the two I HAVE TO TELL YOU ABOUT are www.tastespotting.com and www.conversationswithacupcake.blogspot.com because they are FASCINATING. The first one is so awesome because it gives you all these incredible pictures of delectable looking food and then if you click on the picture it will take you to the person's blog who is responsible for that creation. I got so mane good reads and good ideas from that. The other one - Conversations - is just a really fascinating website. AND she is giving away some cupcake aprons. ALl you have to do is go and comment about your four favorite friends and you are automatcially entered to win these FOUR aprons. GO GO GO!!!! And I already posted so you can read mine, too. :-)

I was reading through this magazine, FAMILY FUN, the other evening while Lorelli and I were at the doctor's office and I fell in love with it. I have to share it with you guys. It looks so easy and so so so so fun. It even looks like something the kids could help with. And we all know that makes it so much more fun for them. And it can be healthy(ish) if you use the right toppings. And of course, the smaller portions help with that too. ENJOY!!!! :-)

MINI CARAMEL APPLES

RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
4-inch lollipop sticks
Melon baller
Granny Smith apples (one apple makes about 8 mini apples)
Butterscotch or peanut butter chips
Chopped nuts, nonpareils, sprinkles, shredded coconut (optional)
Small paper candy cups

1. First, cut the lollipop sticks in half at an angle (the pointy end will go into the apple pieces easier). With the melon baller, scoop little balls out of the apple. Each ball should have a section of apple peel. Push half of a lollipop stick into the peel of each ball. Pat the apple pieces dry.

2. Melt the chips according to the package directions. Dip and swirl the mini apples in the melted chips, then roll the apples in nuts, sprinkles, nonpareils, or coconut, if desired. Place the mini apples in paper candy cups to set.

No comments: