Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

1.25.2009

Friends for the Seasons

So...you know the saying that we have different frends in our life for different reasons...I totally believe that phrase. The dfferent things I have been through in my life have proven this adage to be quite true.

I have Toby who I have practically grown up with. She knows me and accepts me, no matter how much I have shocked her in our years as friends. And I am sure there are things that I have done and said that have shocked her pants off, at times. She keeps me grounded. She's like my sister, one that I actually like, the one you would get under the covers and whisper your secrets and your fears to. And I thank God every day for her.

I have Benjamin. He has been there for me since the day that we met. Granted all of our times have not been good. There has been heartache. There has been laughter. There has been love. And there has been hate. But he understands me on a level that even I don't understand. He gets me in some crazy way that only an ex could. He brought me out of the shy, scared shell that I was in. I call him when I want to be stupid or funny or to complain about my family. He gets that and accepts it.

I have Nini. Wow how do I explain her? She is the friend that I never would have expected her to be. If you had told me that we would be close I would have laughed at you. But I love her, still. I call her and tell her my yucky stuff. And I tell her the things I think about during the day. She has the cutest little baby and I love him, too. She has been there to listen to me whine and complain and has been there with me through heartbreak on both our sides. She has helped build me up and make sure I stay there.

Sammy and Lety....they have to be groupd together. The three of us together are The Three Musketeers. We are funny, goofy, oftentimes drunk....but we are there for each other when we need to be. We have enough dirt on each other that its better to stay friends than to not!!! Just kidding...sorta. They are the first person I tell when I am interested in someone. They are the ones I turn to when I have done something naughty. They are the ones guaranteed to put a smile on ur face. athe ones that will take u out fo a drunken night of dancing and mayhem. They are the ones that, if u ever needed it, they would kick some ass for you!!

A.D. has to make this list. He, being Lorelli's dad, also has a special place in my heart. He gave me my daughter. He always has an answer when I ask, "What are u thinking?" He makes me believe that I am sexy and beautiful. I don't question myself when I am around him. He broke my heart by not being the passionate, doting, honest man that I deserved. But he opened my heart back up when I didn't think that I would be loved by anyone again.

Bia. She is a unique friend. She held me up. She made me stay true to myself. She gets me in a way no other person ever has. She sees into my soul. She knows my heart. I don't have words to describe the place that she has in my heart. I don't know how I would have made it without her when my grandmother was ailing. You could call her my saving grace. She would say that she was none of those things and that al she did was listen. She is utterly humble, gorgeous, giving, and loving. I love her so much. And I am very lucky to have someone who gets me without me ever saying a word.

And my Rob. He brings out the funny in me. We laugh. A lot. As I posted before about him he is awesome. He loves me. He takes care of me. I love him, too. He holds my hand even wen he doesn't want to. He puts up with my overly affectionate self. He handles crazy PMS me with finesse. I couldn't ask for much more right now.

I thank HIM for all the wonderful ppl in my life. I have so many good friends that I am grateful for. There are so many more than the few that I have named here.

1 comment:

Worm's Woman said...

Thank you! And you've truely been there for me more than anyone and I mean anyone has! And you know how picky Larry is about my friends. He lets me freely choose them, but he would deffinetly change my choices if he could (as I would his too!). But you know all too well that you are the one he adores and would do anything for too. When giving anyone an example of what a friend should be (which he is having to do for the girls more and more as they get older), he makes sure everyone knows Charisse is the true definition of a friend. And so do I! I love you sooooo much. And you can keep shocking my pants off, they won't go too far for me to put back on so I can give you a hug and tell you again I love you!