Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

3.24.2009

Weekend with [HIS] family

Wow. What a weekend we have had. His eldest sister was up with her family from Florida for the weekend because she and her husband were getting their ministry license. I met her once before about 2 years ago, but I have never gotten to spend time with her. I have spoken to her on the phone and over MySpace, but I was still a little nervous.

Saturday we woke up hellaciously early for no reason. Since we were up already, we cleaned the upstairs and finally put away the 7532158965 loads of laundry that have been accumulating for a couple weeks in the tv room. I changed the sheets on all the beds. I cleaned the guest bathroom. Cleaned Lorelli's pigsty of a room. Rob cleaned the kitchen and the downstairs for me. And we did all of this by 9:30 in the morning. We were so productive and I was so proud of us.

We headed over to his mom's house to join the caravan of ppl that were going to the church for the licensing ceremony. When we got to the church his sister came over and said, "where's my sister-in-law, let me say hi to her."

And that began the weekend of the subtle, implied, and bluntly put statements on how he and I should get married. Not only should we get married, but we should have a baby, too. Oh Boy....did they not get the memo?

Whenever Tasha introduced us to anyone she introduced her brother and "his girlfriend slash (yes she said the word slash) fiancè."

Right after the licensing ceremony one of her first comments was, "I can marry you guys tomorrow for free now that I'm a licensed minister."

Back at the house for the "reception" afterwards there were a lot more conversations about grandchildren and nieces and nephews and future children, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

Needless to say it was a very...not stressful....I don't know the exact word to describe what this weekend was. Here a few of my ideas : Angst-ridden. Repetitive. Distraught. Loud. Draining. Fun. Emotional.

1 comment:

Christy Lynn said...

Up until now, my mom has been really good about not dropping anvil-sized "when are you going to have babies?" hints, but lately.......I think it's because we found out that Lee's sister is pregnant and now Mom wants to get on the grandma wagon. I keep telling her to look at Adam, not me. :p Just tell everyone it's YOUR life, not theirs, and you're gonna live it how you want!