Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

4.04.2009

Thoughts

I am considering homeschooling Lorelli. I am not very impressed with the Georgia public school system from all the things I have heard about them and read about them. I know she does not go to school for some time, but this is not something I will be able to decide overnight. I might as well start now. The Georgia laws seem few and vague. I have gathered that she will need four and a half hours of instruction a day. Ok...not too hard. And the other requirements make sense, also. I must turn in an attendance sheet, monthly. And she must submit to staqndardized testing as would other students. I can do that. I am just worried that when I send her to school she will lose that edge that she seems to have over other children her age. I worry that she will not fall in love with learning as I hope she does and as I did. I do not want her to be bored, as I was, because of these wonderful No Child Left Behind laws. I think that the laws were good in theory. But not so much in practice. It seems as if they are leading to a No Child Advances kind of thing. Everyone stays in the middle section. BLAH! I have been reading a lot on homeschooling and it seems that the majority of people do it for religious reasons. They want to be able to share their religious views with their children and teach school subjects, side by side. That seems like a good idea. I am just concerned with my child's education. I DO worry about the social aspect. Right now she goes to a private babysitter where she is the only child. At home she is the only child. I do have her enrolled in dance class. She LOVES that. We will be enrolling her in swim classes this summer. Her dad and my boyfriend both want to enroll her in soccer classes. So, I do not beileve that she will be socially inept. I still have a lot of researching to do. And learning to do. And I will have to take in the financial aspect of me possibly cutting back my hours at some point, so that I can stay HOME and HOME school.... If you know me, you know that I do not JUMP into anything. But...this is something that I feel a very strong desire to take on.

Other than that...we are looking for houses. Rob is buying a house. I am not. I don't have the credit to buy a house. But, I am working on that. I should be straightened out and back on track and on my way to improving my score rather than hurting it, very soon. When I took this job I took a 50% pay cut, which hurts A LOT!!! But, I believe strongly that it was the right thing to do. I get to spend so much more time with Lorelli. I have forced myself to learn to budget my money. And I no longer have the major stress of my previous job on my shoulders from morning till night.

I DIGRESS...The point is that we are looking at houses. We have found several that we liked. We found one that we were in love with. We put a bid on it. It was beautiful. Would have been perfect. Beautiful neighborhood. Great kitchen. Awesome master suite. Marble coutertops throughout. But, alas, it was not meant to be. There was a contract on it before we had a chance to put a bid in. We found a second house and have put a bid in on it. Unfortunately, there is already a bid on it. We are competing. The house is in short sale. We have not heard back from the bank. I found a house that I wanted to go see for the simple fact that it looked so different than any other house we have looked at. I called the realtor up and he gave me the code to the lockbox so I could go view it. I LOOOOOOVE it. It is so unique. It has the cutest floor plan. It needs some work in the kitchen. It has 1 2 car garage on the side of the house. It has 3 finished rooms in the basement. It has space for a potential master suite in the ATTIC!! There is soooo much that could be done with this house. I took Rob to go see it. He sees the same potential. The house is only $71K. He wants to put a bid in on this house. And get it. And move in. And live there. So....keep your fingers crossed for us. These are very exciting times.

I am beginning to plan a trip to Texas again. Even though I said I do not want to take another vacation back there. I have been a bit homesick for my friends. It seems everyone that I love is going through some MAJOR stuff right now and I have not been there for them. It sucks living so far away. I think this time will be fun. Rob is probably going. A friend of mine may be going. And I may be friend napping my bestie to come home with me for a couple weeks. I hope that is acceptable. We will see. I will let you know more as I decide more. It all sounds like one big Memorial Day weekend road trip. WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Lorelli's dance recital is coming soon. She is so cute. Her class, the 3 and 4 year olds, are dancing to Shirley Temple's "Baby Take a Bow." The dance is beyond cute. The costumes are ADORABLE!!! I just want to eat up all the little kids in there with their little bitty chunky legs and their little baby bellies. Oh dear. I am starting to sound strange......Moving on.....

I think that is all I have to say. I haven't been blogging much lately because I am on the computer ALLLL day at work. My computer is broken upstairs. My laptop has died. Only Rob's comptuer is working now. It is sad. I am sad. Oh well.

1 comment:

Toby E. said...

Larry said the only thing he is worried about with you friend napping me is if I am working. I said of corse that is one of the reasons it is only being discussed right now.
I loooove the last house too!
As for homeschooling, I don't think you will have any problemx with her socially as long as you keep her in her activities. She loves people! I think she will be fine!