Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

5.19.2009

Travels

So, tomorrow night we are leaving to drive to Texas. When I say we I mean Lorelli, Rob, and me. It is exciting. There are not any real big plans. I am going to spend time with my boyfriend and my friends. That is the extent of the plan. Friday night I want to go to the Alumni Band Concert. Saturday we are having drinks with friends. Monday we are going to a cookout at a friend's house. And through most of this time Lorelli will be hanging out with her two grandmothers. I had contemplated not bringing her on vacation but I felt like a bad daughter going all the way to Texas and not bringing my daughter to see her extended family. So they are going to be my babysitters this weekend. I kinda like the idea. For the most part. I can't believe I will be there for so many days. Thursday through Tuesday. Of course, Tuesday doesn't really count because we will be leaving in the morning. I can't wait to get home and spend time with friends. I have seriously been missing my friends. And it seems like all of them are going through some incredibly tough times right now and I don't like being so far away from them at this point in time.

So, I have a lot on my prayer plate right now so I am reaching out to you guys to help me in prayer. My very good friend out here is going through a very tough time right now as she contemplates where and when to move. My daughter's babysitter/"adoptive" grandmother is having a difficult time right now, physically, due to her MS. My stepdad is waiting to hear back on a job since he has been unemployed for more than 6 months now. My best friend back home is dealing with things since her husband is unemployed now. My good friend from my old job just found out that her younger sister has cervical cancer, AT NINETEEN YEARS OLD. And another good friend is dealing with the failing health of her father and the fact that they had to put him in a nursing home finally to be taken care of. And while you're at it, if you don't mind, throw a little prayer in there for me too. Just because.

I have decided I want to go back to school. I want to get into a nursing program. I am growing tired of this accounting stuff. I don't see me being happy doing this the rest of my life. As many of you know, I was in the physical therapy program many years ago - until I had to have beack surgery. I then, after discussion with my doctors, decided not to go into physical therapy. But, I am missing the challenge of school. I want to learn new things. I want to get into the medical field that I know and love. I want to be a nurse. And more specifically, a neo-natal nurse. I am not sure how to do all this, but I have started doing some research. I am hoping to be back in school byt January. There is a lot to take into consideration. And, of course, I will need to find some sort of financial aid. So, we will see.

I am still contemplating Lorelli's school options. I have almost exclusively decided to homeschool her. I think it will be better for her education. I believe that I can do a better job than any of the schools around her. I believe I can challenge her more. And I think she will excel. There is much more research I need to do to get there, but I am determined to make this work somehow.

2 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

If you go to the alumni concert, be on the lookout for my parental units. They're helping out with it although neither of them is an alum of the HHS band...at least my mom was in *a* band, but Dad was in choir, lol. Hope you have a great trip and be safe!

Charisse said...

your parents will always be band parents.....thats awesome. I will look to see them. And there is nothing wrong w choir ppl...i was a choir girl for a while too.