Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

6.28.2009

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

MY BABY CALLED ME THIS MORNING AND THEY WERE ON THEIR WAY BACK TO TEXAS. Well, actually, my daughter's father called me. And I got to speak to my baby. For five whole minutes. Which is longer than the combined time that I have spoken to her since she left my arms Friday night, the 12th, to get on the airplane to Texas. She has been too busy "at her great grandmother's house. Who is very old." She said she had a lot of fun. And she wants to be at my house. Poor baby. And she sounds so grown up. I think her speaking is more clear than two weeks ago. She sounds like a grown person speaking to me on the phone. It was very sad. I definitely got tears in my eyes. BUT...she will be back here with me tomorrow night. I pick her and her father up from the airport at 10 pm. I am so excited. I have missed her so much. :-)

We had the home inspection on Thursday. The house passed with flying colors. The only things that need to be done to the house are cosmetic. Change the horrible maroon carpet and paint in the downstairs. Touch up the paint on all the walls. Clean. Mop. Vacuum. Scrub. And...powerwash the siding. Now we are just waiting on the rest of the paperwork. And the closing. So now starts the fun (NOT) part of packing. But, actually I am kind of looking forward to it. I think I am going to take this opportunity to go through Lorelli's clothes and toys and things to get a big donation together for our babysitter's church. I need to make room for clothes that actually fit her. And why would I pack things that we don't need. I have devised a system that I think is going to work. I am going to start with the kitchen and the bathrooms. After that is packed I will move on to the linen closets. After the linen closets, I will pack mine and Rob's desks and the miscellaneous computer parts we (HE) has lying all around. When that is done, I will move on to the pantry, where I will pack up all my erroneous kitchen appliances (and there are many), which kinda makes me sad because that means there will be no more baking extravaganzas until after the move. Ahh....such is life. We also have to buy a refrigerator and a stove. This is all too exciting for me. I can not wait to get moved and situated.

2 comments:

Drahdrah said...

That sounds VERY exciting ! I am also very excited that your daughter will be back with you soon. I can't imagine how much you missed her !

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

So you have a bunch of miscellanous computer parts too? That HE won't let you throw away? Maybe we should start a club?
I am glad to hear (through twitter!) that daughter is back safe and happy!