Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

7.10.2009

Hot Fun In The Summertime

Hello there!!! Have you missed me? I have not done a real post in quite some time. Not since Lorelli came home. Sorry guys. Please forgive me. I have been sorta kinda busy (not really). I have been playing with Lorelli. And reading new blogs. And making new bloggy friends. And working. And getting ready to pack and move into the house. I have not started packing, per se. But I am getting ready to do just that. But mostly, I have just been dealing with my crazy body and my crazy kid.

And I have worked and called and written to get everything taken care of so that I can start school again in December. I am going to go back and get my nursing degree. Finally. I will definitely be there a while...but I have decided it IS time. I can not continue to make half of my previous salary for the rest of my life. And besides, I want to go back to school. I miss learning. I miss school. And I am tired of not fulfilling my dreams.

So...you all who have been with me for a while know that I have been working out. I have been trying to eat healthier. And I have been trying to build a smaller, healthier ME! I am happy to report that I have lost 7 pounds. WOOWOO!!!! Scream it from the mountaintops. AND... AND on top of that.....my favorite shorts are a tad bit more loose on me. Or is it my imagination? I don't care. Mind over matter, right? If I say it is, so it is!!! AND ON TOP OF THAT....I am starting to see/feel a little bit of definiton in my upper arms. I can feel a little hard spot where a muscle is trying to break through. :-) I am excited. I even made Rob feel my little muscle. To which he laughed at. But whatever. I am proud of me and that is all that matters. I am eating healthier. Lots and lots more fresh vegetables and fruits. I am back to drinking a ton of water. I only take water to work with me and that is what I drink. I usually try to drink at least 3 water bottles of water at work which equates to 6 glasses of water. And, surprise surprise, just like the experts say, I am not as hungry if I drink a glass of water shortly before I go eat. Therefore, I am not eating as much at each meal. I have also been watching my calorie intake. HOLY MOLY!!! I did not really think that I was making ALL THAT poor of decisions in my diet...but guess what, I was. OHMYGOODNESS!!!!! But I am starting to get the hang of it and now that I know what my caloric intake should be for the day, I kind of budget it throughout the day. OR, if I plan on having something a little heavier during the day, I can plan to work a little harder and longer in my workout to negate the thing that I am planning on eating. This is so exciting for me. I am genuinely interested in what is going on in my body. I am truly determined to make this happen.

You have to go check out a couple new blogs I have added to my blogroll on the side. One site that has really intrigued me and that I am in love with is LBD DIARIES just because of the story behind it. Two ladies started the website to chronicle their journey into their Little Black Dress from being overweight. The site is now run by only one of the ladies, but she has such character and determination that she has inspired me. I am now a featured blogger on her site, occasionally, telling my own story about my journey into my LRD (Little Red Dress). Head on over and check out the site. Another blog that I have found is Bikini By 30. This blog is all about exactly what it sounds like it is about. She is a 29 year old woman (AHEM, like I will be tomorrow) who is working hard to get fit by her 30th birthday so that she can wear a bikini. And while I think that the bikini is really just the reward at the end of all her work, she is really working to be healthiera and stronger, also. The first time I found her blog she had written that The Earth Tells Us What To Eat. The article talks about how certain foods look like certain parts of our body and that is actually what parts of our body that particular foods work for. It is an amazing article.

Lorelli and I have been swimming the past two Saturdays and we have both had so much fun. Of course, me being who I am I have gotten double sunburns. This is last week's sunburn :
Needless to say, it hurt like the dickens. And before you ask, yes I did wear sunscreen. I am just THAT fair skinned. Well, by Thursday it had started peeling as all really awesome sunburns do. So, Saturday when we went swimming I got burned again, even after putting double sunscreen on. Thankfully, it is not quite as bad this time. Except where I had fresh skin from the previous sunburn peeled areas. Those little places sting so bad. :-(

Well, I guess that is all she wrote. I am gonna get off here and get to bed. I have to work tomorrow. And then I am having a few friends over for dinner and drinks at the house for my birthday. I can't wait. Have a wonderful week!!!

4 comments:

Nan said...

Why thank you darlink! I appreciate the plug and yes, I plugged you on Little Black Dress Diaries blog, too! Isn't this FUN FUN FUN? BTW, apple cider vinegar will take the sting out of sunburns (ask me how I know says the blonde who fried). I enjoy your blogs; they're refreshing and funny! And yes, I am still GLAD GLAD GLAD, do you hear me? GLAD you kept me from eating those tacos. Really. I am glad. Truly. *Sigh* - but they sure smelled good...

Drahdrah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!! I hope you have a wonderful day, and that you take good care of that sunburn. Also, I am sure you will fit into that LRD VERY soon !

Zeus and Twinkle Haskins said...

First off, welcome back!!
Second, Happy Birthday miss 29.
I love the idea of bikini by 30, i think i need to try that one. I am a few steps closer. Good Luck with your own personal goal as well. Keep it up, you can do it. Anyways, look forward to reading these new blogs tom, after the NRH2O visit. Blessings Birthday girl

Bikini By 30 said...

I can feel the blog love!!