Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

7.15.2009

I like you so much better.....

WHEN YOU'RE NAKED!!!! I just love that song by Ida Marie and I had to incorporate that into my blog today. :-) It cracks me up and gets in my head and stays there. For looooong periods of time. But for right now, I am okay with that. And it is kinda my theme song right now. The other line in the chorus is "I like me so much better when you're naked!!"

So, I had a good birthday. My friends all texted me and IMed me and FBed (?!?!?!) me to tell me HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Some of them sang to me. I got a cake and cards and balloons from my coworkers. Unfortunately, my mother messed it all up because she actually FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY!!! I have had the same birthday for 29 years. She sprang me from her loins. She should remember my birthday. I called her after I had been 29 for 12+ hours and told her she FAILED because she had not yet called me to tell me happy birthday. Then she had the nerve to tell me that she didn't realize it was the 13th and that it was my birthday. WHAT?!?!? Are you EFFING kidding me? DOUBLE FAIL! But its okay. She is my mother and I will forgive her. Someday. But I will hold a grudge. Thats what I do. Thankfully, my friend Nini came over and hung out with me in the evening .We had daiquiris and fajitas and girl time and it was G-R-E-A-T!!! We don't get to hang out that often anymore because she lives a half hour away and has a 1 year old and works weekends. But we enjoyed our time.


And pretty soon we will only like 10-15 minutes from each other. Hopefully, we will be closing next week on the house. Did I show you guys a picture? I don't remember. Well, if you already saw the pictures - then look elsewhere. If not, check it out. I, of course will have more pictures once we get back in the house. WIth our own keys. And one of the first things that will HAVE to change is the red paint and the red carpet that is allllll over the main level. I don't know if the previous owners really liked red or if they got some kind of discount because it is such an incredible color or WHAT!!!!



I tried a totally different workout last night. And, while it wasn't as intense nor high impact as the Biggest Winner Workout I have been doing by Jillian Michaels, it still had me sweating buckets and I still can feel it in my muscles today. The workout routine I did last night was Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - Level 1. Its a good mix of different exercises. There is much less yelling than the workout I am used to. I am thinking about combining the two. I want to do the 30 day Shred in the morning and then the Biggest Winner workout in the evening. I feel like I would get bored doing JUST the 30 day shred since it is the same exercises every day. At least with the Biggest Winner workouts there are several DVDs to go with, 5 of them, actually. I have only done three of them. But I think I am almost to the point of adding in the other two. The MAXIMIZE dvds. That will give me 5 different workouts during the week. Two that focus on the frontside, two for the backside, and then the cardio kickbox. I am really getting into this. I really want to get this done. And the more I do, it seems the more energy and desire I have to do it.

Having support from all of you makes it fun, too. I know that it probably feels like I won't shut up about what I am (and am not) eating, what I am doing, and how much I am losing. But this is the first time I have ever truly DECIDED that it was time. I have changed up my eating before. I have done some mild exercising before. But I have never tried to change my lifestyle. That is why I am so happy that I have found BikiniBy30 and LBDDiaries. This article was the thing that spoke to me and gave me that final push to get off my behind and get moving. It is all about how Monday is the best day to start a routine. And since I read it on a Monday, I just went out there and did it. With all the tools that there are out there, I really feel as if this time is FOR REAL!! It has now officially been one month that I have been making these changes in my life. I downloaded an app on my phone to help me keep track of the calories I am taking in and the calories that I am burning with my exercise. This is to help with my own accountability. I was using a website that did basically the same thing. I wanted something more immediate. And this DietOrganizer just might be it. If I had an iPhone I would so download the LoseIt! app. But, alas, I don't. I just want all of you to know that I appreciate your encouragement and praise and well wishes. You are really helping me push my through this. :-)

And now...back to work. Lunch is over. I have recorded it in my little DietOrganizer. 1 cup of watermelon. 3 chicken tenders. 1 16oz bottle of Pomegranate Wildberry White Tea. A total of 236 calories. And you know what? I am full. Not stuffed. But full. I feel good.

2 comments:

LBDiaries said...

You house is so cute - so New England looking! But red carpet? Whoa. And you write about your weight loss journey all you want; I bet no one thinks you chat about it too much! Besides, when you write, I get ideas and inspiration, too. Thanks!

Sophia's Mom said...

Charisse,
Happy Birthday! Congrats on the new house!
Thanks so much for grabbing my button. I just realized I typed in the wrong url for my blog (thanks to you grabbing it and me testing it). I fixed it. Please grab the code again when you get a chance!

I would love to help you create a new layout for your blog. I need all the practice I can get. Let me know!

thewannabewahm@gmail.com