Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

7.24.2009

If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops...

Oh what a rain that would be!!!!

This was formerly titled, "I love being a mom."

Lorelli is such an awesome little kid. Seriously she is. She cracks me up every single day. Friday night as it was getting near her bedtime (actually an hour after her bedtime - but near the time I was going to MAKE her go to bed) she said, "I just wand to take a nap down here on the couch for a little while." I let her. She was wanting some mommy snuggle time so I went and snuggled her.

Friday, she fell asleep in the bathroom because she was sooo tired. And no, she did not fall asleep on the toilet. That would have been sooo funny. But then I would have had to worry that she would fall in while sleeping. The fact the she fell asleep like this made it possible for me to just turn the light off and let her sleep. For an hour and a half.

Saturday, she and I went on a breakfast date to Golden Corral (a buffet place if you are not familiar with the name). She offered to share her biscuit with me, "Here Momma, I will give you half." I had to look at her and make sure she was still three. Where did she learn to "give half?" How does she even know what half is? And when did she get to be so sweet. (And don't worry. I did not blow my eating healthy routine. I just had to budget around the 800 calories I had for breakfast.)

Sunday morning she asked me (AT 5 A.M.) if she could get up and watch a movie. To which I, of course, replied...."UHHHH - NO WAY!!! Go back to bed and go to sleep. It's still sleepy time." She then told me that she was done sleeping. Thankfully she went back to bed and slept until 8. But, she was done sleeping. Uh huh. I'll keep that in mind. As you snore logs in your little bed.

And then, this morning. She has on a cute little polo dress that has stripes of many colors. Similar to Joseph's coat of many colors, but not quite. I told her to go get her dark pink shoes that would match one of the stripes in her dress. She says that she wants to wear her black flipflops because "this part right here is black." (Actually that part right there is navy blue.) So we argued. And W-H-I-N-E-D. And complained. And finally put on the dark pink shoes that mommy told her to put on.

2 comments:

Rita/Fighting Off Frumpy said...

OMG, Colin does that ALL THE TIME ... wakes up at the buttcrack of dawn and announces that he's done sleeping. And that everyone else should be up as well.

Lorelli is so adorable. And that picture? PRICELESS. :)

iamthatmommy said...

Noah does that too, wake up at bizarro hours. On weekends, I am totally a bad parent. Before I go to bed I get him a tupperware full of cereal, a juice box and cue up a DVD in his room. When he wakes up, I stumble in, open the cereal, stick the straw in and turn on the movie. It buys me an extra hour and half of sleep.

I love this picture of Lorelli. She is way too cute.