Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

8.03.2009

Can I get a Whoop Whoop?

*Whoop Whoop*

I am back. I have good news. One of the ladies at my job today stopped me to ask me if I had lost weight!!!!!! She said she had been noticing in the last week or two and that she kept meaning to ask me but had not had a chance. I was so...surprised...and elated...and shocked. I know that is repetitive but that is how I felt. I didn't really think that 12 pounds (Oh yeah - I hit the 12 pound mark. I am really satisfied with my weight loss results thus far and have been able to resist weighing more than once a week.) was visible to anyone other than me. But this is a lady who only works Mondays so she does not always get a chance to see me. And when she does see me it is usually while I am sitting down in my office and she is handing me expense reports. And we all know that sitting down is not the most flattering position that we possess in our repertoire.

And now, the dreaded moment. Well, another dreaded moment in this whole daring undertaking. I have measured my body parts. I was not sure what all to measure so I measured everything that I want to change. I figured that was a good place to start. One of the inspiring women in my life right now (BikiniBy30) just posted her measurements for the month of August. She has been keeping track for four months now and has seen amazing results, even if she doesn't always "see" the proof in the pudding, or the scale, as the case may be. Listed below are y measurements. (At least, I DO have the hourglass figure we all strive for. It is just hidden in those big numbers.) So, I will do as Miss BikiniBy30 is doing and I will measure once a month.

Bust - 48"
Waist (at belly button) - 44.5"
Hips - 50"
Thigh - 24.5"
Arm - 15.75"

In other news, I cut Lorelli's hair. I think it is FAB. I started out just cutting her long bangs because they had been tickling her little nose and that is just to much to have to deal with. Then, she asked me to cut all of her hairs short like mine. I told her no. Just as I have been telling her for several months now. But, I told her I would trim her hair. I thought to myself, how hard could it be. My mother used to cut my hair in the kitchen. I remember this. I was just about finished and was pretty satisified with the results when my daughter decided to jerk her head, thus causing my hand to slip with the scissors and take a huge chunk out of her hair. Which, of course, then had to be corrected. So, my daughter's once mid back length hair is now back up to shoulder length. The good thing is that it is sooo cute and that she loves that she has short hair like mommy does just like she has always wanted. (or so she told me) Friday, we register for Ballet classes again. She is very excited to start back. She has been watching the recital over and over again and doing the WHOLE dance to both of the songs, as opposed to the very little that she did at the actual recital. I finally found a way to share the video. It is a recording of the recording. The original recording that we paid $30 for was sadly disappointing because of the bad video and audio quality, so you can imagine the recording of the dvd is worse. But Lorelli is the little girl in the top right- and you can still goot a good feel of the dance and how cute those little girls were.

video

Lorelli has also decided that she wants to do gymnastics. She informed both me and her babysitter of this fact after seeing commercials for that new tv show, Make It or Break It. She said she wants to "flip and run and jump and go on those big things, please." So, I called around to a few places and found out that gymnastics for her will cost approximately what dance costs and her daddy has agreed to pay for it. So, soon we will be enrolling my dear daughter into gymnastics. She will be a busy bee. She DID as about playing "soccer-ball" also, but I told her we should wait on that a while to see if she can handle both of these activities.

3 comments:

Rita/Fighting Off Frumpy said...

Ooooh, yeah! It's always so nice when someone else notices you've lost weight. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy (and skinny!) inside. :)

Lorelli is so cute, and I love her new 'do! I'm so excited for Colin to get into some extracurriculars. We took him to a trial Tae Kwon Do class, though, and all he did was ... his own thing. LOL!

Toby E. said...

Yay all around! I know you have been working hard and are doing a great job of being proud of yourself, but it's even so much nicer when someone who rarely sees you says something.
Silly Lorelli, but it does look good!

Em said...

Good for you!!! I found your blog through Bikini by 30. It's nice to know there are other people out there struggling to get healthier, even if they're in blogland. I don't really have an audience to speak of, but I'll take any support I can get. :) p.s. I luuuurve the Last Unicorn.