Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

9.27.2009

Everything old is new again

Well, thats actually a lie. But it sounded cool. I just like that line. :)

So, did you notice the awesomeness of my new blog layout? My wonderful friend over at www.thewannabewahm.com Did it for me. That is her bluish green button over on the left that says the wannabewahm. That obviously stands for The Wannabe Work at Home Mom. Don't we all wish we could do that? I do. One day. With my baking business. But her work at home business is going to be/is now blog design. Shes great. Please go check her out and tell her I sent you. Tell your friends about her. She is quite great.

Speaking of my one day baking business, its a good thing that I am one tough cookie otherwise tonights batch of orange cupcakes would have caused my dream to fizzle out. They are dense. And they fell. And they didn't taste as orangealicious as they smelled. I would blame the recipe but it is one I have used before. I blame the cook. Crazy girl decided to take things into her own hands and did not add things separately like she was supposed to. Ugh! Its so hard to find good help. And by help, I mean me.

The relationship saga continues, of course. I decided the other night that there are a lot of things about our situation that I H.A.T.E. But after getting that off my chest, I feel like there is some good coming of it. I am getting so much time w my kiddo. Not that I wasnt getting time w her, but I am especially focused on her so that this transition is easier for her. And she is getting unimaginable amounts of time with both AD and I. Her little attitude has gotten a bit better. She seems to be having fun. She sleeps better now than when we first got here and her brain seems to be going through a growth spurt as she is soaking up knowledge like a sponge. Its incredible.

Did I tell you I went out w an incredibly awesome new bloggy friend? Last weekend, I made plans, with no regard for anyone else, whatsoever. And it was FUN! She and I had a blast. There was laughing. Talking. Flirting. And then we got in the car to go to the bar. Ahhhh just kidding. But seriously, I thought it would be awkward driving out to hang out w someone I hadn't "met" but turns out she is just as awesome in person as she is online. (But dont worry Julie, I am so going to come visit you. And You, Kristie. Don't be surprised if I just show up and say "hey, lets grab a drink.")


Okay gang, its my bedtime. Actually, its past my bedtime. I am gonna crash now. Thx for listening. :)

PS - I lost a half pound this week. Its not much, but I am counting it. And I bought two new belts to hold up two pairs of pants that no longer fit!!

6 comments:

Toby E. said...

Even still, craving orange cupcakes.
And tell little Lorelli to stay little! Larry was saying again the other day he's ready for you two to visit again. I think he needs his little girl fix.

Zeus and Twinkle Haskins said...

Completely Jealous of the awesomeness of this blog. I wish I had someone to redo mine!!!!
Love reading your stories, please continue to share. Ah, I would have eaten them fallen dense orangey cakes. Keep it up and next time don't get lazy, Crazy.
Blessings

Sophia's Mom said...

I love your new blog design, that wannabewahm sure is cool :)

seems like life is back on track for you my bloggy friend! I'll take one of those orange cupcakes! I live by the 5 second rule!

http://www.thewannabewahm.com

iamthatmommy said...

Yay! Your blog does look fantastico! You'll have to come back to Athens for more debauchery and cheap spirits!

Charisse said...

@Toby - I don't know that Lorelli will be coming with mommy on the next trip, but will try to bring her home soon. Or you guys can try and come out here. I am just saying. :-)

@Twinkle I will be eating those cupcakes at home. They were just not fit to bring for a celebration for someones birthday.

@Sophias Mom She is so cool - I will have to introduce you to her sometime. :-) And no need for the 5 second rule - they didn't fall on the floor - they fell in on themselves

@Lona There will definitely be more drunken debauchery with my good friend Lona. There was too much fun NOT to rinse and repeat.

Em said...

mmmm.... cupcakes. Yum! How on Earth can you make cupcakes and still lose half a pound? Isn't it fun to meet bloggy friends? I'm working out with a girl I met on the daily plate. We had coffee about a month ago. It's fun to hang out with people who want to keep you motivated.