Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

1.12.2010

Ithaca

I know I promised stories and pictures and thoughts and everything. I just have not had the time. I have been running around all crazy. Taking care of my car. Straightening out my license. Starting classes at Gwinnett Tech. Missing my girlfriend. Playing and reconnecting with my kiddo. Doing laundry. Getting back to work. Studying. And on and on and on....


But, I did have an amazing time. I was so nervous getting there. What if Virginia was a fluke? What if we didn't have an amazing time? What if her friends didn't like me? What if...EGADS...her mother didn't like me? I was a wreck. The moment we landed in Ithaca, I texted some of my close friends and told them I was so nervous. They all told me to calm down (thanks, guys) and just go be with the woman of my dreams. So...I did. I tried to, at least. I took a deep breath. Went down the steps of the airpane (yes DOWN. THE. STEPS.). Walked into the airport...and started scanning the "crowd" for my new love. AND THEN....

THERE SHE WAS!!! Waiting for me. Looking for me. Smiling directly at me. Holding a cute little pink NY ball cap. Waiting for me to see her. I got a big lump in my throat. I got big tears in my eyes. And all my nervousness dissipated. I knew I was where I was supposed to be. And I knew that my week was going to be amazing and unforgettable.

I finally made the 500 ft to Jennifer. She grabbed me and hugged me and squeezed me. I did everything I could to just breather her in and not cry. I succeeded for the most part. I didn't cry. I got teary. And I did manage to breathe. :-)

That one moment set up the entire week. It was incredible and amazing. I can not wait to go back. I eagerly anticipate being back by her side...

But for now, I gotta get back to work. I just wanted to let you know how it started.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Heather said...

proud...of...you!

Zeus and Twinkle Haskins said...

OK WOW, just WOW!!! That sounds so stinking awesome. So glad you had such a good time. WAY TO GO my dear!!