Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

1.06.2010

What did I do?

So, before I tell you all about my vacation - let me tell you why I am glad 2009 is over. I am going to take this as a sign that 2010 is going to be waaaaayyy better than 2009 ever was.

So, you guys all read my blog. I don't have to rehash what a tumultuous year the last one was. If you don't read me - then GO read me. I am interesting, I promise. I will make you laugh. You might cry. You will be overwhelmed. You might think I complain too much. Whatever. I am interesting.

Let me just tell you about New Year's Eve/Old Year's End!!!

You should probably sit down.

No, really...SIT!!!!

Ok...

MY MOTHER EFFING CAR WAS STOLEN FROM MY APARTMENT PARKING LOT!!!!! The same car that has been sitting there since at least Christmas Day. Can you believe it???

And, of course, since I am 900+ miles away, I can not file a police report because I am not there for them to speak to. I am more than welcome to grant Lorelli's father power of attorney so that HE can file a police report for me. Ummm...no thank you.

I DID call the insurance company and report my car stolen that evening, though. To at least get it on record and get the process started. Thank goodness.

On Monday, I got a call from a Detective Johnson, who wished to speak with me in regards to a vehicle that I may or may not own. Apparently, they found my car. Abandoned. It was involved in a hit and run. WHAT?!?!?! But, I do not have any details other than that because he can not discuss it with me except in person because there is no way to guarantee that I am who I really say I am. So, I have to call him and make an appointment to go down to the police station and talk to him and I guess file a police report and all the fun stuff that goes along with that. I just hope no one was hurt. And that my insurance will cover everything. UGH!! Such a pain in the booty.

So...like I said...here is to hoping that that particular event is signifying the END of a bad year!!!

I am sooo looking forward to the beginning of this year.


I will blog later about my awesome Ithaca vacation. I got to stay one extra day because my flight yesterday was cancelled. Have spent the day just kind of hanging out in the apaprtment and catching up on all of you guys' blogs. Or trying to. :-)


Photobucket

9 comments:

Heather said...

Holy crap girl. That sucks. Except for the Ithaca part! ;)

{Kimber} said...

are you KIDDING me?! that is random!!!!!!

Mama4Real said...

The one that you lost the key to? Um... any chance that key was stolen? Holy crap! That is insane! BUT... When Rocky and I were engaged, we were in CAnada visiting my fam and we took my mom's car out on NY's and IT got stolen too! Isn't that crazy? Somethinga bout NY's!

Toby E. said...

DUDE?! HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME ABOUT THAT?! AND I KNEW WE WERE BEST FRIENDS, BUT WOW!! BOTH GETTING CARS STOLEN EXACTLY A YEAR APART?!!! AND THEM BOTH BEING FOUND BUT NOT IN A CONDITION YOU WOULD THINK?!
Be safe and I will talk to you tomorrow. I work 12-5:30 my time.

Rita/Fighting Off Frumpy said...

OMG Charisse! No way! What a crappy thing to happen! But you're right: that was SO last year. 2010 is gonna be awesome. :)

Debbie said...

Oh my word! I am so sorry to hear that. What a terrible thing.
And yes, 2010 has to be better.

Jennifer said...

Charisse, where do you get your Dioxychlor?


Pop over on the Living the Lyme Life if you don't mind and let me know. I'm almost out and my doc's office no longer carries it. :(

S3XinthePantry said...

OMG - nothing like being long distance drama!!

I get so sick of that I can't tell you by phone (my insurance company used that line on me...saying they couldn't tell me my own new insurance number...I never got the new card in the mail!)

I swear we need some sort of voice fingerprint these days to get anything done!

I hope the car is found in okay shape!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

What an awesome way to start the year! Can't wait to hear the rest my love