Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

2.10.2010

Things are moving in the right direction and I am loving it

I sent this as an email to a few of you - but I am posting it. I am happy with the progression of things. If only they would progress a little bit faster. :-)

SO...things with Jennifer and I are moving along WONDEFULLY!!!

I am moving up there, to New York, in the first part of September. This has been decided. At first, AD was NOOOOOOT happy about it. And I completely understand. I would rather he move up there with us, but he can not leave his job right now. He makes WAAAAY good money and has INCREDIBLE benefits (one of which being free insurance for our daughter) that can not be beat right now. Especially not in this economy. So he will be here, at least for the foreseeable future.

He IS starting to cooperate a tad bit more about the move to York, though. He was doing some research and discovered that, since New York schools start so much later in September, as opposed to early August like we do here in the south, that Lorelli will most likely be able to start school THIS September as opposed to next September. {Note : her birthday is Sept 3 which puts her after the cutoff date of Sept 1 in the south}

We both believe she is ready for school. She knows sign language. She can sound words out and is starting to read. She can write. She knows colors. She has AWESOME word recognition. She knows her address. I know it sounds like I am bragging (I am a little bit) but I am really just saying that I am ecstatic that she will hopefully be starting school this fall.

So, due to this new news (I love saying that - new news - it makes me snicker) he has begun to cooperate and be less hateful about the move. He/we definitely want the best for Lorelli and we both agree that being IN SCHOOL is going to be much better for her than not.

Basically, the time line looks like this:
NEXT WEEK!!! I am going to New York for another childless vacation for 5 days
March - Jennifer will be coming down to GA for 9 days. We will spend 3 of those in Texas WITH LORELLI (this will be their first meeting) so she can meet my friends (mama4real) and my family.
May - Lorelli and I will meet Jennifer at the halfway point of Lexington, VA
July - Lorelli and I will go for a whole week to NY for my 30th {EGADS} birthday
September - I will finish with classes the first week. Jennifer is flying down from NY to help us pack everything up. AD (yes you read that right) and Jennifer and Lorelli and I will drive to NY with all our stuff. AD will stay there for a couple days because right after we get there - school will be starting and he ABSOLUTELY wants to see her off on her first day of school. Then he will go back home.
December - Lorelli will go with her daddy to Mexico for Christmas with his grandparents and aunts and uncles.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Heather said...

HOLY CRAP! Awesome! YAYAYAYAYAAAY!!!!

Rita/Fighting Off Frumpy said...

OMG. Awesome! For you AND for Lorelli! Sounds like a total win-win (not to mention a very fun and busy spring/summer!).

So glad everything's going your way!

Sophia's Mom said...

OMG! You are moving to NY! Holy crap!!! Congrats and Good Luck!

You deserve all the happiness in the world, babe!