Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

3.28.2010

Lesson Learned : Never Say Never

You are "looking" at a girl who is eating crow. But in the best way. This is a pie I DO NOT mind eating. On Saturday, sometime around 9 pm, I took back every last negative thing I had to say...


On Saturday, sometime around 9 pm, at the Texas state line, my girlfriend got down on one knee, in the freezing cold, and asked me to be her wife.


She chose the state line because we are both displaced Texans. We met through a friend that still lives in Texas. And we both had to move to the other side of the country to be able to find a "sweet southern girl."


The words that came out of her mouth were the sweetest things that I could ever have asked to hear. I don't know that there has ever been a more romantic proposal made to anyone. Even the movies could not have made this look or sound any sweeter. The actual words are for my ears only, but let me tell you this...she did say that I am someone that she never believed that she would find and that her life has not been the same since the day we came into each others' lives. There was a big long exceptionally thought out super sweet speech. Then she went down on one knee in the soggy grass. When she asked me to please marry her it brought me to tears. Then, my knees buckled. And I sat right down on her one knee lap. And she asked me to "please, just say yes."

And, of course, I did...

Photobucket

8 comments:

Toby E. said...

Words don't express how happy I am for you both! Love you both to death!
I honestly can't find the words to say anything more about it, but you know what I feel anyway

{Kimber} said...

You deserve every happiness!! She is so lucky to have you !! :)
so happy for your happiness!
Hugs

Sophia's Mom said...

OMG! I have never seen you this happy Charisse! You are glowing!!!!

Weehee for you!!!!

www.thewannabewahm.com

Rita/Fighting Off Frumpy said...

Oh CHARISSE! Awesome news! You both look so splendidly happy and I'm so glad you've found someone genuine and sweet after all the romantic heartache you've gone through.

Congratulations, girl. :)

Heather said...

I'm sobbing. I can't see the keyboard. YAY! YAY! YAY! WOOT! WHOOHOOOOOO!!!!
Hallelujah!

YAY!

SOB.

iamthatmommy said...

Happiness.

Le Sigh.

I am so happy for you, friend. Your smile in the pics says everything.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Happiness resounds from every picture. I cannot wait to meet you BOTH! Congrats!!

thetowelsearch said...

Congrats!

BTW, I love the irony of the state line sign. It should read: Abandon all courtesy and extend middle finger; Drive the REAL Texas way! :)