Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

4.22.2010

Jennifer in Atlanta

I am sooo behind...but the reason is...I HAVE AN A IN ALL 3 OF MY CLASSES RIGHT NOW!! I have really been putting a lot of effort into my classes and studying. Even in A&P I am rocking a 97. :-) I made a 99 on the 1st test which is a FAR cry from the 68 I made on the first test LAST term!!!

OK....I left you with the drive Monday evening, right?

That started out fun. We left so late because we had enjoyed the day so much with my Toby. Then we left Toby to go to the James Avery store to look at rings. We discovered that because my ring is not exactly straight across, I will not be able to wear my engagement ring and my wedding ring on the same finger. Its a big bummer. But I will get over it.

We finally left Arlington sometime around 9 pm. This meant that we had approximately a 13 hour trip back to Atlanta. After we had already been awake and hanging out all day long. YIKES!!! I drove first and let Jennifer get a little bit of sleep for a while. She picked up the second leg from about midnight to 7 or so. Then I drove again until we got home. We would have been home sooner but FIFTEEN MILES FROM HOME there was a big old wreck on the highway (of course) and we were stuck in STOPPED traffic. But FINALLY we made it home. And we all decided to lay down. And nap. L had woken up around the time of the great driving switch-off at breakfast time and she had not slept too well in the car anyway. So we laid down. And slept. For several hours.

We took L to dinner at a pizza buffet on Tuesday night. At one point I say Jennifer looking around with a look of bewilderment or awe or horror...I wasn't quite sure which. So I asked her. And she said something along the lines of it is a far cry from what she is used to seeing in Ithaca and was a bit overwhelmed by the chaos of it all. I simply look forward to the day when I can escape from all of the chaos here and live a bit more of a laidback life. Atlanta is not near the bustle of DFW - but it is still fast paced enough to make you dizzy some days.

Wednesday we were kinda lazy throughout the day. We stayed around the house cleaning and unpacking and spending time together. After naptime we started preparing dinner for a couple of my friends to come over and enjoy with us and meet Jennifer. We (she) grilled pork chops and turkey chops (actually turkey breast cutlets). We had a yummy fruit salad with an orange cream cheese fruit drizzle. There was asparagus and spinach garlic parmesan rice. It was a DELICIOUS dinner. And my friends all loved Jennifer. Even more than that, they loved US together. The conversation was lighthearted and fun. And there was never a dull moment nor lull in conversation.

Thursday we hung around the house for a while. Went and got the dance clothes from the babysitter's house. On the way out, Jennifer and Lorelli were playing around - Jennifer carrying L around. As I was stepping to the side to move out of the way, Jennifer stepped on my foot. As is natural instinct, I tried to pull my flip flopped foot out from under her sneakered foot. In the process, I twisted my foot somehow. And thus...my toe was broken. It is quite a painful thing. (A month later it is still painful but not dire any longer) We then went to Fry's and talked to a few people and introduced my FIANCE to my old co-workers. We took L to dance class and watched her not focus and not do all the dances right. (Recently, her dance instructor passed away and they are now working with a new instructor and its a bit stressful on all parties involved. Especially since they are having to learn new dances since Ms Debbie had not shared the dances they were working on with anyone.) We did a little shopping afterward. I actually went into Dots and did not buy ONE SINGLE thing because we were ALLLL tired and ready for a nap. Thursday night we drove out to Athens to meet the final 1/4 of Julonberisse, MizzPanter. We had a lovely evening for the most part. I was told how incredibly awesome my incredibly awesome fiance was (is). I met Sir LeSigh. We had fries with Feta Dressing. MMMMM Good convo. Silly pictures were taken, of course. And, oh yeah, I was limping hard core by then due to the broken toe. We ended up parting ways with Beautiful Classy MizzPanter sometime around 3 I think and made our way home.

Friday, we made a picnic and went to the park with L. Jennifer and Lorelli played together and had some gooood bonding time. They played on the swings. Hung upside down on this big climbing thing. They played with bubbles. They played fetch (L's idea). And we lounged about together some more.

I had such a great time with my two girls. It was amazing. I think the week went better than we could have planned it. Lorelli and Jennifer bonded. I really felt as if we would DEFINITELY be able to make one cohesive family unit.

Jennifer got back on an airplane Satursay morning. We all three cried. Hard. Big old tears. But, that morning Jennifer bought Lorelli and me some tickets to NY for May 6-10. We are going up there to register Lorelli for Kindergarten. And for Mother's Day. It should be an amazing time. I can not wait. And it made it a tad bit more bearable to let her go, knowing that I would definitely be seeing her in 6 weeks. :-)

Photobucket

5 comments:

{Kimber} said...

soon...very soon !! :)

Heather said...

I absolutely adore that y'all are going to be together for mother's day. There is nothing more perfect than that! YAY!

Crying in Savannah now...

Dragon said...

Props to you on the grades! I am going to school and am a single mother so know how that is.

jelly said...

Good job on the grades...I go to school as well, so I know how tough it can be and especially with a family.

thetowelsearch said...

Awesomesauce. You're almost there! :)