Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

4.07.2010

*SIIIIIGH*

So....vaca update from two weeks ago. Sorry it has taken so long, but I am a busy girl. I started school right after she left. I had to go back to work. I am hobbling around on a broken toe. And I am an engaged woman and life is just....SWELL!!! (And a bit different)



Saturday...well you know how that went. We finally made it to my momma's house around 11:30 or midnight and it was snowing in DFW. AGAIN!! We got my sleepy kiddo from her grandma's house where she had been for the last week and headed on over to my Toby's house. It was a long, emotional, exciting, fun day. But I was DEFINITELY ready to get there and get to SLEEP. For the first time as a FIANCE. :-) *SIGH*

Sunday, L, of course, woke up early. That's what she does. She came and crawled in bed with us and chatted and laid there and was her cute, little, sleepy self. We were all excited because we had a BUSY day ahead of us. L was going to be staying with Larry (Toby's husband) and their girls while Toby, Jennifer and I went to Razzoo's for some GATOR PUNCH and FRIED PICKLES! We were going to pick up Jennifer's friends that had driven from Austin the night before and I was going to meet them for the first time. Then we were meeting a couple of MY friends at the restaurant. Just a big get to know you, hanging out, leisurely time together.



Later Sunday after the lunch and drinks we went and picked up Lorelli and then drove ALLL THE WAAAYYY ACROSS TOWN to meet up with my awesome (NOW IRL) friends, Julie and Kimber. And my kiddo hung out with their kiddo. We talked about each other. And how very "SURREAL" it was to be actually sitting with each other after becoming such close friends over the last year or so. We talked about MckMama. We talked about the missing component of JULONBERISSE. We just talked. In person. Together. It was amazing. And far too short of a visit. :-(



And then there was Sunday night dinner. Twenty or so amazing people that mean everything to me joined us in celebrating our engagement. It really was a special night. I had a new dress. My fiance was wearing my shoes. Lorelli was beautiful. The food was amazing. It was an incredible evening and I am so blessed to have been able to have shared it with everyone.





Monday, we had planned on leaving early(ish) to make our way back to Georgia, but since it was such a beautiful day we did what you are supposed to do on gorgeous days. WENT SHOPPING, OF COURSE!! Oh, we also had lunch outside with Toby, and played with the kiddos and stuff. hehehehe




We left late Monday evening and drove through the night to get back to Georgia. That is going to have to be a whole other post. I am sleepy. But make sure you come back. There are at least two more posts forthcoming...one in which I will explain the picture below...



Photobucket

6 comments:

Princess Andy said...

so happy for you that you had such an awesome time...

and your dress is totally HOT.

your toe is not.

<3 andrea

Heather said...

LOOOOVE it! Love you! So proud!

Angi said...

I love your dress. Congratulations, by the way! And, uh, the toe....*shudder* OUCH!

{Kimber} said...

it seems like it's been longer doesn't it!?!
I love that dress!! totally awesome and I can't wait to hear the story behind the toe! :)

Dragon said...

Great pics, Congrats!

Sara said...

Congratulations on your engagement! Wishing you all the best in your marriage! And thank you for your kind comment on my blog today. :)