Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

5.06.2010

Goings On

Lots of things happening lately.

Last week, at the urging of Jennifer and my mother and my friend, Queen Dani, I went to the doctor last week and had my blood sugar tested. I was told years ago that I was pre-diabetic and that I should be cautious. But that was years and years ago. Occasionally I feel like I am having problems with my sugar, but it could just be what I ate. Or me being low in iron. But...I have diabetes in my family on several sides, so it is always something that the doctors watch on me. WELL.....HALLELUJAH I do not have diabetes. Or even pre-diabetes for that matter. My A1C was only 5.6, which is pretty good. Pre-diabetes is 6.0 - 6.5 and diabetes is 6.5 and above. They also tested my cholesterol, both good and bad, and triglycerides. And everything came back well within the healthy limits, so that is GOOD news. *WHEW*

Secondly, you know I am retaking Anatomy & Physiology this quarter, right? Well...we just passed the halfway point. AND I STILL HAVE AN A!!! YIPPEEE!!!!! I know I am probably too old to be saying yippee....but whatever. I am super excited. And the A I have is not the kind that is hanging on by a thread and hoping it does not fall down to a B. Nope, thus far I have an A+ in A&P. And also in Microcomputers and in Sociology. I am feeling very good about myself right now.

My nephew has his First Communion this weekend. I am super excited for him. I am SO VERY NOT Catholic, but I know it means a lot to him and he is nervous about tripping or something on the way up. He is just the cutest little thing.

Lastly, I am proud of me. I was able to pack mine and Lorelli's clothes for a whole weekend in New York with just our carry-on luggage. SO GREAT!!! We are leaving in the morning (Thursday) and will be back on Monday evening. And while we are there....get this...IT MIGHT SNOW!!! On Mother's Day there are snow showers in the forecast. We will see.

On that note...speaking of New York....I am going to go to bed. I have a long day filled with airports and layovers and a 4 year old to deal with tomorrow. You will be hearing from me soon. :-)

Photobucket

5 comments:

Heather said...

Safe travels...enjoy your first Mother's Day together! YAY! xoxo

{Kimber} said...

y'all have fun and be safe :)

jelly said...

Glad to hear you do not have Diabetes. That is awesome.

Enjoy your weekend in NY. Have a wonderful time.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Yay! NO diabetes is a great thing, and YIPPEE my dear on the A, be proud!!

The {wannabe} WAHM said...

I hope you had a wonderful time for Mother's Day in NY!

I'm catching up on your blog and I read that you and Jennifer are getting married... CONGRATS!!!

And congrats on your A!