Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

5.14.2010

Never Again

I am very tempted to say that I am never going to fly anywhere again. Or at least that I am never going to fly into or out of Ithaca again. I have very bad luck when flying to and fro Ithaca.

The first trip out there, if you will remember (or did I even tell you guys?), my flight home was canceled and I had to get another flight the next day out of a different airport. And due to the snow and weather in GEORGIA - THAT FLIGHT was delayed over an hour and a half.

My second trip to Ithaca, the snow and ice was so bad that our flight was delayed out of Newark, NJ by more than 2 hours and there was a touch and go moment when they weren't even sure that we were going to GET to fly out of there that night.

And this trip....oooo THIS trip. This trip was a cluster EFF from the first moment we set foot on the train.

We missed our flight out and had to be rescheduled to a direct flight into Syracuse. This was all made possible by the Marta train getting stuck at one station, the airport train doors not working properly to open and close and then STAY closed, a four year old who needed to potty, a gate change, and simple JONES luck.

Then...on the way back to Atlanta, the flight out of Ithaca was delayed, which caused us to miss our connecting flight in Newark. We had been back-up booked on a Delta flight that left an hour later, but because we had to exit security to get to the next terminal, and when we went back through security we were chosen to "randomly" have our bags checked which took even more time. By the time we got to the gate, THAT flight was gone. UGH! So, we were placed on standby on an overbooked flight that was the last flight out that night to ATL. Jennifer had already called a local hotel and made sure we would be able to get booked there, in case we didn't get out of the Newark airport. BUT...by the grace of GOD, we were able to get on the flight and finally get back to Atlanta. Poor little Lorelli was soooo good all day. And she was so tired that she was asleep within moments of getting her pretzels.

Photobucket

1 comment:

{Kimber} said...

ugh...guess you NEVER really know what can happen!