Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

7.19.2010

At Long Last

We are here. In Ithaca. It is amazing. The temperatures are beautiful. I think it got up to 90 degrees yesterday, but it was not a sweltering ohmigosh I think I am going to die kind of heat. It was just a bit hot, need to run the air and have something cool to drink. No big deal. The mornings has, thus far, been crisp and cool. I am loving it.



Jennifer came in on Monday and we were busy from the time that we picked her up until we went to bed that evening. There was no time for lollygagging or playing or visiting. None at all, really. I picked here up at 2:15. We got home around 3:30 or 4. We loaded my bed and the heavy stuff from the apartment into the moving truck. Then we went to the storage unit (in the pouring rain, I might add) and wrapped all that stuff in shrink wrap and blankets so it would not get damaged during the move and the subsequent storing of items in the basement. After all that was done we headed back to the apartment to finish loading boxes and misc stuff into the truck. Then there was cleaning and picking up to do and then showering and just...SO. MUCH. TO. DO.

Tuesday was the drive (And also my birthday). And it was a long one. We had planned on leaving at 3 that morning, but since there had been so much to do the previous day we didn't get to sleep until after midnight and driving 15+ hours on 2.5 hours of sleep...we just did not think that would be possible. So we did it on 3.5 hours of sleep. We finally got on the road on our way north at about 4:30. The drive was not really bad. Lorelli did INDEED {as she had said she would} switch cars EVERY SINGLE TIME that we stopped. Which was totally fine. It gave us someone to chat with while we were driving. Whether it made the trip longer or shorter with her in the car, I am not quite sure. :) We made it through Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and the midpoint of Lexington, VA (where we met the first time) by 1 in the afternoon. That was super fast. The rest of the day was a little bit slower. Getting through VA took a while. Then we zipped through West VA and Maryland...and THEN PENNSYLVANIA!! OMG That sgtate took forever. I swear I think we drove throughy that state for 73 hours. Perhaps that is a BIT of an exaggeration, but not by much. And the GOS had us go through some bass-ackwards small county highway through the backwoods or something. BUT!!! We finally made it into New York around 9:30 and to our new HOME around 10:20. SO...all in all a 15 hour drive took us about 18 hours. I think, with a 4 year old and two mommies with small bladders, that that is not too bad!!

OK - I will fill you in on the rest in a while - I have things to do other than sit online all day. Sorry. :)



Photobucket

3 comments:

LBDDiaries said...

You're gonna have to change th title of your blog - your life is no longer awry!!! Congrats on getting moved - now blog about settling in - I dare you. I'm STILL not - still unpacking, still downsizing, still remodeling, still... smiling!

{Kimber} said...

I know that was a long drive...but well worth!! you gotta take some pics of your new home :)

kym said...

I'd like to see photos of the new home...and yay for making it there safely!!