Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

7.09.2010

The waiting is coming to an end

FINALLY!! I am in my last week here in Atlanta. I will soon be making my way to New York. To begin the rest of my life. YAY!!!!

And also...Lorelli will be coming home soon. FINALLY!!! My kiddo has been in Mexico with her daddy. They left here Monday night, June 21st. THREE. LONG. WEEKS. I have never been separated from her for three weeks. I have been apart from her for two weeks. But never three. It is weird. And lonely. I am not very good at the alone thing. I have lived alone before and it was ok, but I knew I was living alone. And my apartment was much smaller. And my best friend lived across the hall. But now? Now I am used to the noise of a four year old. And her dad. And the tv. And the radio. And just noise. There is nothing going on in my apartment right now. I have packed pretty much everything so there is not really anything extra to do or look at or figure out. I have tv, dvds, music, my computer, my phone. But I am LONELY. They should be back on Saturday, though. And I am {hopefully} having people over on Saturday for my birthday/farewell get together.

I am no good at change. I am good AT the actual change. It is dealing with the differences. It is very hard for me to explain. I am sooo excited about the move. And my new life with Jennifer. I think that you all know that. But, for some reason, my emotions get all wonky whenever any BIG change in my life happens. I am excited and anxious and nervous and happy. Its all rather confusing in my head. And it kinda makes me crazy. And its so difficult to explain. I am not anxious about the events that are changing....moreso the FACT that ANY events are changing. Does that make sense???

Also...today is my next to last day of work. And I am halfway through it. They are having a pig lunch celebration for me tomorrow for my birthday and my send off. The owner's wife sent out a beautiful and loving and doting email saying all kinds of nice things about me. Kind of gave me tears. I copied it here :
"
Come to lunch FRIDAY, 12pm (location to be announced) We are going to be celebrating Charisse's birthday AND "sadly" her last day at Square 1 Art!
We were hoping to celebrate on Thursday but there are just too many workmen and noise commitments to deal with that would interrupt the day. I believe Thursday, they cut through the concrete walls.
Some employees do not have email so please spread the word to your employees. Charisse is moving to Utica, NY (actually it's Ithaca - but whatever) with her daughter. We thank her for her dedication and always helpful attitude during her employment with us. She's been a real asset to our company and especially our finance department. We will miss her. We thank her for being our human resource contact prior to Cheryl too. This was no easy task and I don't think I've ever seen Charisse without a smile! THANK YOU CHARISSE!"


I have not yet spoken to the owner about the horribleness of not getting paid my bonus this season. It is a very difficult thing for me to confront people. It wouldn't be such a big deal if I still worked for a big company. But this is a small company. I feel like we are family. And confrontation is a difficult thing for me when it comes to people I am close to. UGH!!!

My birthday is Tuesday. And Jennifer will be here Monday. And we are leaving Tuesday. I can't even tell you how giddy I am.

Photobucket

1 comment:

{Kimber} said...

I don't know how you dealt being without your girl for THREE WEEKS...yikes!! I know you're glad she is home and so excited about your new life!! happy for you :)