Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

10.16.2010

30 days of intimacy

Jennifer and I have decided to join up on a challenge that was issued by my great friend Nan on her blog. We are going to challenge ourselves to 30 days of intimacy. Not just sex, even though that is fun, but being intimate with each other. Taking time out of our every day life (which seems to be taking time out of us) and just spend it WITH each other. No other distractions. No pushing our needs aside to take care of other things that seem pressing at the moment. This challenge was issued to Nan by her friend Pamela. Pamela puts it like this on her blog :

The Deets: For the next 30 days, every single day, make time for and engage in some kind of physical intimacy with your sweetie. You may not jump under the sheets every day, but there’s a whole world of fun you can engage in. Hold hands, Eskimo kiss, gaze into each other’s eyes, etcetera. And you can’t keep this plan a secret. You have to ask your partner to participate and commit with you. You’re going to see more posts from me on this, sharing feedback from others that are participating, feedback on how this impacts their relationships.
Jennifer and I talked about this challenge and decided to take it up. We spent a couple hours together while Lorelli was at school. Just being together. Talking and holding each other. Spending good quality time together. We continued this throughout the day, even after we picked up Lorelli from school. When we went back to Borders for movie night, we sat in the cafe and leaned against each other and read our magazines. We spoke softly and shared articles that we were reading with each other.

Come join me and these other wonderful couples and make your way through 30 days of intimacy. Blog about it as you go. We don't need the sordid details or anything, just observations and reactions that you have as you go through. :) Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Can we make it? Of course we can? Can you do it? Of course YOU can!!!

There is one catch...you can't just decide to do this on your own. Your counterpart has to be in the know and you have to be doing this TOGETHER! It takes determination and desire from both parties to make a relationship work, ya'll!! (teeheehee I never say that word, but it seemed to fit right there. I felt very Paula Deen just now.)

And for giggles, you should head on over to Plus-Size Barbie's blog and read about her first night on the 30 day challenge.

Oh yeah...this is the article that Pamela said inspired the whole diea....

Photobucket

2 comments:

LBDDiaries said...

Par-tay central at our house! We're now on day 6 & we can tell a HUGE difference in our intimacy, focus and love. It's fun but the more the month goes by, the greater the challenge is to let it "slip" - long work hours means being more creative to keep this challenge going strong. Let us know and keep that diary so you don't forget details!!

Pamela Fagan Hutchins said...

Go Charisse! I'm taking your blog link over to my site, right now....
and then heading to the airport to pick up my husband, who has been in India for 2 weeks. Color me happy.
Hope this is an awesome 30days for "y'all".