Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

10.18.2010

IC Day 3

So, yesterday was day 3 of our 30 day Intimacy Challenge. And I have to say, that it was very nice. Jennifer had to work, but was able to get off around 4. She called and asked me to stop at the local branch of her store and run something out to her branch for her. When we got there, she was just waiting on us to bring her the stuff she asked for and then she was outta there. EARLY EVEN!! We drove home (in our separate cars) and were home by 5ish.

I had decided to make chicken taco salad for dinner so I immediately washed my hands and got started choppping chicken. I asked J to help me by chopping lettuce and tomatoes for the salad and she did. Her mom was cutting up corn tortillas to make nachos, I was tending to chopping and seasoning the chicken, and J was chopping veggies and shredding cheese. L was in the living room watching "a kid show." There was some talking and laughing and cajoling, but overall, it was just a nice evening getting dinner together as a family. It really made me feel...oh I don't know...sappy, loved, appreciated, helped....something. It was nice to have her help me out on something that I ususally do myself. And I know that her idea of fun was not working all day and then coming home and chopping veggies, but it really meant a lot to me that she did that. :)

After dinner and dishes (I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher - J washed the big stuff by hand for me *squee*) and putting Lorelli to bed, we went to our room to spend some time together. We just sat on the couch and looked for a tv show to watch, got our jammies on, hung out on the bed talking and laughing and sharing, and then sat online and read some different articles together about increasing intimacy in our relationships. Most of them were a bit lame, but one did have some good suggestions. It was nice to just sit and read together and discuss what we were reading and how (or if) it applied to us and our relationship.

Only 3 days in and I DO feel a bit of a difference in the way we are with each other. The way I feel about my lovely fiance. The way we deal with things amongst ourselves. I feel very connected and (if it's even possible) even deeper in love. IN JUST THREE DAYS!!! WHEW!!! I can't imagine what 30 days will bring. :)

Oh yeah, this is the article we read last night that I really enjoyed. It is called "10 Romantic Things to do to Increase Intimacy." And an awesome thing about the article...the 10 things - cost less than $20 which is important in this economic time!!

Later!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Rita/Fighting Off Frumpy said...

You know, it's one of my very favorite things when Curtis and I prepare dinner together. It's amazing how something so simple can be so profound!

Thanks for the link. Going to check it out right now! :)

LBDDiaries said...

I KNOW! We are only on Day 8 and there is a HUGE difference in our r-ship (and we thought we were doing pretty good)! It really changes how you think, almost immediately. I'm like you - imagine after 30 days!

Pamela Fagan Hutchins said...

Yay for you guys -- and thanks for the book suggestion -- I'm going to go check it out!