Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

10.22.2010

I'm sorry

You ever do something to make yourself happy and then it just ends up hurting other people? I have. And I did. And it sucks.





I kept a secret from my best friend. It was very hard to do. And it hurt her feelings when she found out. It was not a big dark dirty secret. It was just something that I know that she would have liked to have known. And I didn't tell her. I didn't tell anyone. Only Jennifer knew my secret. Because it is her secret, too.

But now, my best friend feels decieved and hurt and was quite mad at me. And I, in turn, feel bad. I know...I should feel bad. This is why we don't keep secrets. Because they have a way of leaking out, right?




Things just changed. And I didn't want to talk about it. An opportunity opened up and we decided to take it. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings. And she assures me that she won't be mad forever. But, it still upsets me. I don't think that we have been mad at each other since middle school. And then...we weren't best friends and it was over something silly like her getting a higher chair in a playoff in concert band or something. I don't even remember the circumstances. I don't have any other friend in my life that I can say that I have never gotten into an argument or gone through a period of time in our relationship where we weren't talking.
Just know that I am sorry I hurt you. I didn't mean to.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Toby E. said...

I know you didn't mean it. And I don't mind that it was ment for you and Jennifer. It just hurt the way it came out.
I just love you and even without getting to talk about it, you know what has been on my heart lately.
Jennifer is a new and very deep best friend and you and her are going to share so much that is ment for only the two of you. I have absolutely no jealousy in that. Nor in this either. All was just a shock, and I reacted crappily to it. And for that it is truly my fault and I'm sorry. I hate that you are upset over it too.
I have moved on from it already because you are my Charisse and forever will be and mistakes are what makes us human.
So please no longer be upset over all of it and just enjoy yourself on your trip now and as you plan out your special "secret". Know no matter what I am standing in spirit right next to my most beautiful most special best friend!
I love you so very much and ONLY want for you to be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susie Kline said...

I feel like a voyeur! I'm glad you two are working this out. Good friends are too valuable to remain mad at!

xo Susie