Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

10.22.2010

Intimacy Challenge Day 7

Wow!! It has been a crazy couple days. We have still managed to get in our "intimacy time" or "intimacy experience" as we are calling it. It has not been EASY every day, that's for sure. Life throws you curveballs all the time. At least it does me, but we are still finding time for each other, no that's wrong, we are MAKING time to spend together.

I really feel like the fact that we are dong this intimacy challenge has helped us so much. We are closer. We are calmer. And we are more in tune with each other. We even had an argument the other day that would normally have lasted quite some time, but we were able to calm each other down, speak rationally, and then pull ourselves back into the tight little circle that we have formed around ourself.

Yesterday, Jennifer was off. We had plans to go to the bookstore, maybe go to the mall, run a bunch of errands. We changed those plans. We spent the day just hanging out. I made a breakfast of some AMAZING turkey bacon, scrambled cheesy eggs, and toast. Then we colored my hair. And enjoyed a long hot shower. We did some cleaning of the house. All the while we would look at each other, tell the other one how much we loved them, stand and do the rocking together dancing thing wherever we were, and just enjoy our time. It was amazing. We went to the bookstore with Lorelli after she got out of school and held hands and read magazines and books together. We came home and Jennifer's mother made a simple dinner of hot dogs last night. Then we put Lorelli in her room with some books to read because she was so tired and we retired to our room to watch the Tom Petty movie. It's so nice to just lounge around and cuddle and talk and...be intimate.

It is really amazing to me what you can do if you just DECIDE to do it. This is a big topic at our proverbial dinner table right now. Deciding to get to a point in our life and relationship and interactions with each other. It seems to be working. It takes some gentle reminding from time to time by each of us to each of us, but it is working very well.




Photobucket

No comments: