Love Love Love

I love my wife, my kiddo, our dog, and most of all...MY LIFE! I couldn't ask for anything more than what I already have. I get to spend time with those that love me, while doing the things that I love!!!

11.14.2010

LRD Journey

So....if you don't know what LRD stands for you must not have been reading me for very long. This is the acronym created by my awesome friend Nan, in regards to my Little Red Dress Journey. There was a dress that I wanted for Valentine's Day once and it was not offered in my size. I was very sad to realize that I really was too big to be wearing anything so pretty. That was when I started realizing that I needed to lose weight. Of course, it took me several more months to actually start the LRD Journey...but this dress got me WANTING to start the journey.


There has been progress in the LRD Journey. I have not talked TOO much about it lately. I have just been plugging along and trying to eat right and drink water and all those things that I need to be doing since we have not been going to the gym lately.

And it has paid off.

If you remember...I was 245 when I started this long journey. I was wearing a size 20 and 22. And 245 looked a lot like this:

I have lost the weight slowly and steadily. I have been happy with my weight loss every step of the way, albeit I would love for it to progress faster. But I do believe that losing it slowly has been what has enabled me to KEEP it off instead of bouncing back up. I have not gone UP since I started losing weight. I have stalled and I have wavered, but I have not gained back any of the weight I have lost. And I have been losing for a year and a half now.

When I moved to Ithaca on my birthday this summer, I was sitting at 213. Not a bad place to be if you think about coming from 245. But not where I want to be at all. And 213 looked a lot like this:


And then I hit 200!! I didn't think I would ever hit 200. It seemed such an impossible goal when I started this journey. I didn't even put a number on where I wanted to go when I started this journey, when I made all the changes in my life. All I knew was that I wanted to be healthier and feel better about me. And I do. And 200 looked like this :

I am happy to say that I now, as of Thursday night, weight 1-9-5 pounds. That is an official FIFTY pounds lost. I have lost more than Lorelli weighs. I can not believe it. I do not remember a time in my adult life that I have weighed less than 200 pounds. It's amazing. I feel great. I have done it! I am not DONE. But I have proven to myself that I can truly DO this and keep at it and stay at it.

There are still tough days. We went out to eat a couple weeks ago and I had onion rings. I don't eat deep fried food anymore. I have discovered that deep fried delicious salty food is a trigger for me. If I eat something friend it causes me to want more and crave more and need more. It is very difficult to fight those feelings.

But, I have finally put numbers to my goal. For now...my goal is to get to 175 and a size 12. By Valentine's day. I think that is a fairly realistic goal. That is 20 pounds 3 months. Ans it's only 2 sizes from where I am at now. I am wearing a size 16!! And I even have a pair or two of size 14 pants that I have worn. And not been ashamed to be seen in them.

And then...yesterday...while shopping with my soon-to-be (very very soon-to-be) MIL, the dressing room lady told me that she did not think that I would need a size 16 in th e pair of pants that I was looking at, but more a 14. WOW!! Someone, a stranger, thinks I should only need a size 14?!?!?! Is this really the world I live in now? Am I truly moving out of plus sizes???

Photobucket



6 comments:

Mama4Real said...

50 lbs and all on your own. I am so proud of you friend. I couldn't do it on my own like that. You should feel so proud of yourself. You look fantastic!!!

Toby E. said...

I am so very proud of you. Not due to weight loss, but due to setting a tough goal and surpassing it. You have set your sights on something most people can only dream about and you put in the hard work to get there. I am so happy for you that you are so happy and proud of yourself! That is the true reward!

LBDDiaries said...

I'm so so so so proud of you! You stuck to it - you did it! You rock and man, I am so happy for you. You have inspired me. I'm on a 2010 Holiday Challenge (link below) which is more about NOT blowing it over the holidays. I am inspired to start it and stick to it. You look great and I just don't have enough words to express my joy for you!!

LBDDiaries said...

Well duh forgot the link:

http://www.burnthefatinnercircle.com/public/Burn_the_Fat_Holiday_Challenge_2010.cfm

Meredith said...

Good for you! I have been on this same journey.

I look at you and think that you are beautiful the whole way, though. You can rock that red dress at anytime. You are a very pretty curvy girl.

Generic Levitra (Vardenafil) said...

Great website, looks very clean and organized. Keep up the good work!